The ramblings, rants, and observations of an Orthodox Reactionary. Feel free to look around!

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Musings

I have standing invitations to no less than three New Years' Eve Parties tomorrow night. I have to gently refuse all of them, because I'm working. Third shift blows, but I can't quit my job in this economy. Also, I have to go into work two hours early tomorrow because my coworker on the 3-11 shift wants off early to be at her NYE party in time. No, they didn't ask me.

*sigh*

Did some rifle and pistol drills today. Also dropped weight-- a big deal for me, since I have issues with it. The high fat/protein/veggies diet seems to be working. Also, fasting Wednesdays and Fridays (no meat, fish, or dairy) is also working out well. I've made it my personal goal to memorize the Nicene Creed, and I'm just about there. Working on a set "personal prayer time". Its hard to do, but setting concrete goals about prayer makes it seem more achievable.

For a lot of prayer stuff, I really have to give credit to "The Jesus Prayer" by Frederica Mathewes-Green. Its got a lot of good advice and tips about setting a prayer time, what/how to pray, etc. Its unbelievable how much depth and power and truth and light are in twelve little words.

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

Registration is next week. Too bad KCU is Christian in name only these days. Oh well. I'm only trying to finish up to get to Law School. On that note, my GPA needs to be much higher than it is, (and that IS my fault) so prayers are appreciated.

------------

+++AWESOME QUOTE+++
Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade."
"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all."
--Rudyard Kipling

No comments: