The ramblings, rants, and observations of an Orthodox Reactionary. Feel free to look around!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm not dead...

I just have a lot of classwork that is piling up all at once on me.

I got a part time job; that's cool. And I'm looking into a full time job after this week. Following a pretty solid lead, and it might pan out. God is good.

Lucky has a bolt-action rifle that's worth about $1000. The bad news? He is in a tight financial fix, which means he is selling his rifle for about $500. Lucky is the kinda guy who won't take handouts; so I didn't even bother asking. Now, my current plan is to buy it from him, take care of it, put some rounds through it, whatever. Then, I'd sell it back to him after awhile. He gets the cash he needs, he can shoot his rifle whenever I'm down there, and he'll eventually get it back. Sneaky, eh?
I also recently learned that Lucky's wife (Hannah?) was pregnant, and miscarried. She took it really hard. So prayer for that situation.

Oh, and this weekend might consist of more than sitting around the apartment!

*looks at last sentence*

Damn. This is gonna be a long summer.

+++AWESOME QUOTE+++
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards."
-Creighton W. Abrams Jr, Gen. US Army

No comments: