The ramblings, rants, and observations of an Orthodox Reactionary. Feel free to look around!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Not a bad weekend

All things considered.

I taught my first class this morning. It was pretty cool, and it got me thinking that maybe this youth thing won't be so bad. I've got a possible fundraiser lined up, as well as my first event; I think I'm gonna take all the kids to see UP the weekend after next.

Tim came over and grabbed most of his stuff out of the apartment, so while my room looks like a disaster area, it's MY disaster area now. I also hung up all my clothes and had 70 or so hangers left over.

Going to get a tattoo tomorrow. Just in time to see my (anti-tattoo) mother this weekend. Looking forward to that... I promise I'll put pictures up eventually.

There's a situation I'm dealing with, and I admit it gets... difficult at times. But I read 1 Corinthians 13 Friday night, and it's like it burned itself into my memory. I start to grow weary of waiting, and verse four comes back to me. I begin to feel anger and frustration, and verse five rises, unbidden, in my thoughts. It's a tall order that Christ commands of us, that's for sure.

I needed cheering up yesterday, so I watched The Princess Bride. Such a good movie.

I'm still thinking of reviewing a bunch of Graphic Novels. The short list for right now is Light Brigade, The Watchmen, Superman: Red Son, Kingdom Come. Any suggestions? Would anyone read the reviews? Will I have the time?

------------------
+++AWESOME QUOTE+++

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." -Erwin Rommel

No comments: